A balanced meal is necessary after a hard workout. A balanced meal, meaning your plate consists of fats, carbs and protein. From my recipe below, you will obtain fats from the egg yolk and avocado, you will get your carbs from the Ezeikel bread, and you will get your protein from the eggs. See below for the ingredients/instructions.
1. 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
2. Herbs of your choice, chopped
3. 2 large eggs
4. 1.5 tsp curry powder
5. 1 ripe avocado
6. 1 tbsp avocado oil
7. 2 slices of Ezekiel bread or any other kind of sprouted bread of your choice
For the eggs:
1. Pepare the add-ons to the eggs - finely chop herbs of your choice and chop 1/2 bell pepper into approx. 1cmx1cm pieces.
2. In a frying pan, heat up 1tbsp avocado oil.
3. Once heated, add the chopped herbs and bell pepper.
4. As the chopped herbs and pepper are frying, whisk 2 large eggs together with a sprinkle of curry powder. Add this mixture to the partially fried herbs & pepper.
5. Continuously move the eggs, peppers and herbs to make a scramble. Cook until desired.
Aside from the protein, we want a good source of fat and carbs. Your definitely going to need to replenish your glycogen stores after hitting a hard training session. Therefore, peel and thinly slice 1 avocado. Finally, neatly lay the slices over 2 slices of Ezekiel bread (or other bread of your choice).
Tried this recipe and it is so delicious. 10/10 would recommend.
Wow! Looks delicious!
Will definitely have to try this recipe soon!